1) Why do you use teak wood for your timber tiles and not another timber?
Teak is simply the best outdoor timber. It is proven to be lasting, it does not rot nor warp; it is resistant to the effect of water and extreme weather conditions. It is also one of the hardest timbers.
2) Why do you offer 450mm by 450mm tiles only and not larger or smaller tiles?
We found that keeping our tiles 450mm by 450mm is the best size offering a more solid structure which can be used for more applications.
3) How many models do you have?
We have five (5) regular models of tiles each presented in two types (one for light to medium residential use and all other applications; one for heavy, commercial traffic specially designed for decking and floor applications) and more models to come…
4) How do I install my tiles?
You can use your tiles for a temporary or permanent installation. For permanent installation, tiles can be pre-drilled and fitted with stainless steel or galvanized screws; or glued using industrial grade glue. We recommend you use the service of your preferred professional for any installation.
5) What sort of applications are they designed for?
Sakkho teak tiles have endless applications: decking, floor covering, partition walls, ceiling covering, teak wall, fence, furniture, bar covering, wine cellars, sauna and much more. Applications are endless according to your imagination.
6) What sort of finish can I use on the tiles?
Sakkho teak tiles can be painted, lacquered, covered with regular timber finishes or left natural. It is not recommended to leave teak tiles unprotected when used outdoors as it will shorten the life span of your tiles. When left natural indoors, they will slowly go gray.
7) Which finish do you recommend to keep the best timber appearance?
Sakkho recommends Lignol® Teak Guard Marine, a sustainable clear coat finish offering one of the best protections on the market while adding a glow to your tiles without darkening the timber.
8) Why do you have two different types of tiles per model?
Each of our model of teak tiles is presented as follow: - Light to medium residential traffic when used on floor or any other applications (not suitable for high heels or heavy pressure). - Heavy commercial traffic strongly recommended for heavy traffic. Extremely resistant to high heels, heavy pressure.
9) Can I cut or re-shape tiles?
Yes! Tiles can be cut and re-shaped as they are made out of timber. For best finish and aesthetic, we recommend you fit an exact number of tiles on your surafce and fill any gaps/borders with additional slats of timber.
10) What is the minimum quantity or tiles I can order?
The minimum quantity you can order is one (1) tile. However, they are subject to model/stock availability.
11) How many tiles do I have in one square meter?
One square metre is 4.94 tiles; therefore you require five (5) tiles.
12) How do I calculate the number of Sakkho teak tiles I require for my area?
You must multiple your area per 4.94 tiles. For example if you have ten (10) sqm, you need to multiply ten by 4.94. 10 x 4.94= 49.4 (50 tiles are needed).
Always consider buying one or two extra sqm for wastage. Top
1) When was Sakkho founded and by who?
Sakkho was founded early 2008 in Australia by Joseph Nyamuka. We offer a 22 experience in furniture making working with manufacturing affiliates based on the Island of Java, Indonesia.
2) Where are you based?
Sakkho is based in East Bentleigh, VIC, Australia.
3) Can I purchase your products Outside Australia?
We ship worldwide; however you might consider shipping cost and products to be shipped as well as minimum quantity you require. We are constantly looking for new distributors distributors.
4) Who are your clients?
We cater for professional and private clients in Australia and around the globe. Mainly architects, interior designers, builders, property developers
5) What is the lead time for production and container delivery?
Lead time depends on the item ordered, the quantity and the Moisture Content required. In general term if you require a timber item with an MC level of 10-12%, lead time is about 6 to 10 weeks; and 5 to 7 weeks for an item with 20% MC. Delivery is also dependent on vessel availability.
6) Do you have agents and where?
Please contact us and we will either service you or redirect you to a dealer near your vicinity if applicable. Top
1) How do I place an order?
You can place an order by telephone, email, fax or via our website shopping cart.
2) Do I receive a Tax invoice?
If you order is placed in Australia, you will receive your tax invoice with your goods or via email. If you place your order from outside Australia, you will receive your pro-forma invoice via email, regular mail or fax for approval first.
3) Can I cancel or change my order once the order is confirmed?
An order can always be cancelled at any stage except if the goods are paid for and already dispatched. Goods fully paid are deemed to have already been shipped and can not be cancelled. We generally do not cancel orders for containers once paid and shipped. Please note that all orders are deemed to be final.
4) Why would all the items in my shopping cart no longer become available when I check out?
Please note that some items are subject to stock availability. Sometimes you might be able to successfully place an order however; you may be contacted by our staff to cancel it due to unavailable stock
5) Why would my order be cancelled when I prepare to pay for my order online?
This may happen when no stock is available. We generally do a stock tally every week. Please note that our furniture can be pre-ordered and there may be a 6 to 12 weeks waiting period prior delivery as it is custom in the furniture industry.
6) How do I check my order status?
You can check your order status by login into your account for all online orders or by contacting us directly.
7) Where can I find my pervious orders record?
You can find your previous records in your account history.
8) Why do I receive a different item to what I have ordered?
If you have received the wrong item, you should contact us immediately. Please note that minor variations in the specification of one particular model may happen as long as the model delivered is the same as the one ordered.
9) What happens if the item I wish to order is out of stock?
If the item you wish to purchase is out of stock, you can simply contact us via email, fax or phone and place an order subject to waiting/manufacturing and delivery time. Delivery time may be as follow:
1) When do I pay?
If you are a private user, we require payment prior delivery within 3 days of ordering the goods prior dispatch and delivery. If you are a professional and require delivery, we generally supply after full payment.
2) How do I pay?
We accept personal or company cheque (subject to clearance prior delivery), banquet cheque, cash, money order, Western Union transfers, T/T (Telegraphic Transfers) or direct deposits into Sakkho nominated account.
3) Where do I find your payment details?
Once you place an order, you will be contacted by a Sakkho staff to finalize it and provide you with all required details.
4) What currency do you accept for international purchases (ex Australia)?
We accept Australian Dollars (AUD), Euro (Ä), U.S. Dollars ($), U.K Pounds (£).
5) Do you do consignment or credits?
Terms may vary for professional or preferred clients; however we prefer to keep your friendship and settle all accounts at order and prior delivery. Top
1) Do you ship internationally?
Yes! We ship internationally; however, shipping price is subject to shipping costs?
2) What sort of prices should I expect? To have your goods delivered?
In Australia we use TNT, other bulk shipping companies and our own delivery services. Prices are set accordingly. International freight is subject to vessel availability, current cost and quantity ordered.
3) Can I combine items to save on shipping costs?
Yes! The more goods we ship at the same time, the better it is for you as you will be saving on cost.
4) How long do I wait before receiving my goods?
This may vary according to the product you have ordered, country of origin, quantity ordered and whether the item is readily available or subject to manufacture.
5) Do you ship worldwide?
Yes we do. International shipping (from Australia or from our Factory) is available for items and subject to shipping quote.
6) Will I save on shipping cost if I order two (2) containers at the same time?
No! If you order two (2) 20 FCL container, you might as well order a 40 FCL or 40 HC (High Cube) container to save on shipping cost; however, shipment of containers are really subject to freight forwarders rates.
7) Is there a minimum quantity to purchase Sakkho products internationally?
No! You can buy one unit or a certain surface of Sakkho teak tiles but you must expect normal shipping prices and waiting period as some of our items are made to order. Top
1) How do I protect my teak? Teak can be oiled with teak oil, timber finish or other. Sakkho recommends the use of LignolÆ Teak Guard Marine, a sustainable wood coating offering proven results designed for teak under extreme weather conditions.
2) How often should I maintain my teak furniture or tiles? Generally teak must me sealed at delivery, then every 12 months for teak furniture. For Sakkho teak tiles, especially when used on floor/decking outdoor, you should protect your teak by applying two coats after installation, two coat after six months, two coats after twelve months then two coats every 12 months thereafter; or when required.
3) My teak has stains and is old looking, what should I do to restore it? You can search our ìteak maintenanceî webpage for detailed step-by-step maintenance, however, teak can be sanded using a sanding machine or fine sand paper, then re-coated with your preferred coating.
4) Why do you recommend LignolÆ Teak Guard Marine rather than teak oil?
LignolÆ Teak Guard Marine is a sustainable wood coating. It is eco-friendly, water based and designed for teak used under extreme marine conditions.
Teak Guard is a clear sealant which will not darken the timber as teak oil would. It is economical and has one of the best surface coverage rates on the market.
5) Do you supply Lignol Teak Guard Marine? Yes, we supply it and recommend it for Sakkho teak tiles, Sakkho teak furniture and teak furniture purchased from our competition.
6) Can I buy LignolÆ Teak Guard Marine from you as a retailer? Yes, we offer wholesale prices. Top
1) Do you supply retailer at wholesale price? Yes. You must become a register account holder with Sakkho and will be provided with your price list upon successful registration and reference check.
2) Do you offer import prices? Yes. Importing are subject to mimimum quantity which is a 20FCL container and minimum quantity for certain model.
3) Can I combine different items within one container? Yes but you must enquire with Sakkho for Business staff to check on stock availability or type. Rattan furniture is not subject to minimum quantity per model but if you wish to import, you will need to order a minimum of one 20 FCL container.
4) What sort of Inco term do you work with? Incoterm used will be subject to the client, delivery destination and type of good. Generally we use FOB (Free On board Vessel), CIF (Cost Insurance & Freight) or DEQ (Delivery Ex Quay Duty Paid).
5) Do you ship worldwide? Yes we do. International shipping (from Australia or from our Factory) is available for items and subject to shipping quote. Top